The Charge: Activating the 10 Human Drives That Make You Feel Alive
Open Discussion on the Book Written by Brendon Burchard
Tuesday evening 05.22.12 at 7
Bloody personal trauma and the huge questions born from such pain created this book. High-performance coach, speaker, and trainer Brendon Burchard observes that many go through life “emotionally flat lined” and has made it his personal calling to rectify that. Just how “alive” do you feel these days? “The Charge” defines ten “baseline and forward drives” that make us tick and push us forward, somewhat like an updated Maslow’s Hierarchy of Needs. It could also be called the Paleo Diet for the psyche’. Burchard details “activators” explaining how they help us to tap into compelling drives that give momentum to life. These “drive activators” can lead to extraordinary and positive changes in your life.
Burchard asks many deeply penetrating questions that assist one in defining how they need to stand upright from the flat lined position. Are you involved in activities and actions that push your development further or just clocking the hours? Where on the chart would you rate yourself for invigoration and engagement? Brendon’s Mastermind Group would have such names the Dalai Lama, Sir Richard Branson, Tony Hsieh, Stephen Covey, Deepak Chopra, David Bach, Tim Ferriss, and many more. He has worked with major clients that include Accenture, Alcoa, Amazon.com, The United States Naval Academy, many global universities.
If you are compelled to live a truly “charged life” Brendon Burchard and “The Charge” is an excellent place to start and a fabulous map to follow.
For A High “Charge” Discussion:
- What drives your getting out of bed daily?
- Does the evening find you feeling fulfilled or numb?
- Have you ever felt that you lead a “caged life?”
- How much control do you feel over your life?
- What is the role of “caring” in your life?
- What is your comfort level with “change and challenge?”
- “Choices!”It’s always about “choices…”
- Play word association with the words “congruence, contribution, and consciousness”
- Are you shooting for viable success or for something much lower?
- Who in your life would you consider to be a “growth friend?”
- How consistent is your “personal drive?”
- Is “connection” something that happens easily for you or does it feel forced?
- How do you apply “creative expression?”
- In terms of productivity- how much of your time do you outright kill?
- What are the “consequences” of inaction?
“Attitudes are contagious and mine just might kill you.” —Poster from Despair.com
Join us, won’t you?
$timulus: An Open Book and Networking Group
Barnes & Noble in the Streets of West Chester
(I-75 Exit 19 Union Centre Blvd., Past The Rave Theater)
9455 Civic Centre Boulevard, West Chester, OH 45069
Every Tuesday evening at 7:00 P.M. (Weather Permitting)
There is no charge for $timulus!!!
Monte at 513.769.6313 or email@example.com