Hiring for Attitude: A Revolutionary Approach to Recruiting and Selecting People with Both Tremendous Skills and Superb Attitude
Open Discussion on the Book Written by Mark Murphy
Tuesday evening 05.08.12 at 7
This book reads well from either side of the negotiations table. If you are going to be in the workforce for the next few decades you need to get this. That includes either getting hired or staying hired. Attitude may be the critical ingredient and deciding factor that never get audibly discussed or documented in any form of interview. Nonetheless, do not discount how important this issue is. In a market where skills and experience are flattened this could be the deal maker or breaker. You decide.
CEO of IQ Leadership, and author of both “Hundred Percenters” and “Hiring for Attitude,” Mark Murphy, has plenty of credentials to get your attention on this subject. He has been featured internationally in print, radio, and television. I won’t waste keystrokes here attempting to justify the book on that level. Where Murphy hits home is his ability to not only zero in on problem issues but to give folks the understanding of how these issues can be addressed. His research and ability to express the results in a riveting manner is truly impressive.
“ATTITUDE” Discussion Points:
- What is an “emotional vampire?”
- What do “critical past tense verbs vs. future tense verbs” show?
- Does the language differ between “high and low performers?”
- Have you ever “miss-hired” or been one? How/why?
- How do you prove that you are “coachable?”
- Be a “company seeker vs. job seeker!” How?
- Could “attitudinal questions trump behavioral questions?”
- Are there specific words that sabotage interviews?
- Can you hide a bad attitude?
- “Culture” matters a very great deal!
“Did you know that 46% of new hires fail in the first 18 months? And attitude is the cause of 89% of these new hire failures.” — Mark Murphy
Join us, won’t you?
$timulus: An Open Book and Networking Group
Barnes & Noble in the Streets of West Chester
(I-75 Exit 19 Union Centre Blvd., Past The Rave Theater)
9455 Civic Centre Boulevard, West Chester, OH 45069
Every Tuesday evening at 7:00 P.M. (Weather Permitting)
There is no charge for $timulus!!!
Monte at 513.769.6313 or email@example.com