THE FIRE STARTER SESSIONS: A SOULFUL + PRACTICAL GUIDE TO CREATING SUCCESS ON YOUR OWN TERMS
Open Discussion on the Book Written by Danielle LaPorte
Tuesday evening 04.24.12 at 7
I have fallen deeply in love with Danielle LaPorte after just some three hundred pages. This book will challenge you and at times infuriate you whether you are burning with entrepreneurial spirit, dwelling amongst the cubicles or slaving on an assembly line. This book will make you think and drive you to dream even if you ultimately reject her wisdom and choose the comfort of mediocrity in the end. LaPorte minces no words and is often more than a tad in-your-face. You will want to argue with her and claim that what she proposes is not possible in our world today. You will want to fling back excuses and throw tantrums at her demands. Don’t expect the traditional business or personal development vocabulary or any hand-holding here. Street rules apply! As she bluntly states in one of her videos “FIGURE IT OUT!”
After one blazing hi-speed-read through I detect elements of a Universal Intelligence spiritualist laced with massive street smarts and cloaked in the wardrobe of a she-cat chica Dom. Expressing a drive that is unstoppable even in the face of some colossal setbacks LaPorte surges onward. Her energy bursts from the pages and her ruthlessly exploratory and “burning” questions rip through layers of political correctness and staid cultural conditioning. Her questions rudely expose the true underlying reasons that most of us hide in the status quo. She brings a switchblade edge to the Tom Rath “StrengthFinder 2.0” approach and even dares to tell you to “screw your principles” as “they might be holding you back.”
LaPorte has run Washington D.C. think tanks, birthed and killed ventures, learned the hard way and risen from the ashes and is most passionate about spreading the blaze on how you too, can be a “FireStarter.” It is not fair to attempt to review and discuss this work in one single evening. We will do our best and probably come back to specific questionnaires throughout the book on future nights. The “FireStarter” embers demand to be fanned to flame.
Please read this book or the eBook version.
“FireStarters” for Discussion:
- What is your “soul fire?”
- Can you dream “authentically” even if those dreams aren’t necessarily “big financially?”
- What does it mean to be “spirit-fatigued?”
- Are you willing to hold a “Dream Funeral” for dreams that did not come true?
- Why is “normal boring?”
- Why do many settle for lackluster lives?
- Why is “competency for suckers?”
- What “makes you feel ahhh-MAZing?”
- “What do you want to be known for?”
- Where do you need to “re-calibrate?”
- Does your “cocktail line” sound genuine?
- “Can you talk about who you are without referencing the past?”
- What makes you feel most “inspired?”
- “What do you need to stop doing?”
- Why and how “tribal feedback” matters
- What is on your “glory board?”
- Do you believe that “invisible hands” guide you? (Joseph Campbell)
- What is “vision prompting?”
- Why you should “respect your fear”
- “How do you ‘show up’ in the world?”
- Can you “leverage your shortcomings?” How?
- What’s your “BIG REAL?”
- “Why do people hate self-promotion?”
- Are you willing to “launch + learn?”
- MANY VALUABLE WORKSHEETS FOR DISCUSSION THROUGHOUT!
“In the name of the Fire,
And the Light;
Praise the pure presence of fire
That burns from within
Without thought of time.” — John O’Donohue
Join us, won’t you?
$timulus: An Open Book and Networking Group
Barnes & Noble in the Streets of West Chester
(I-75 Exit 19 Union Centre Blvd., Past The Rave Theater)
9455 Civic Centre Boulevard, West Chester, OH 45069
Every Tuesday evening at 7:00 P.M. (Weather Permitting)
There is no charge for $timulus!!!
Monte at 513.769.6313 or firstname.lastname@example.org