I Can Make You Confident: The Power to Go for Anything You Want
Open Discussion on the Book Written by Paul McKenna, Ph.D.
Tuesday evening 02.14.12 at 7
Is your lack of confidence undermining you in one or more spheres? The last few years have knocked many folks down a rung or two on the confidence ladder. It shows in the way they present themselves when giving an elevator speech, presentation, when networking or when in an interview. Even in the very goals and targets that they set. Some have confidence issues saturating their entire essence. Others may lack confidence only in certain dark corners. The lack of confidence can be seriously self-sabotaging. Over-compensation often yields equally disastrous effects. Yet exactly what confidence is and where and how to get it is ambiguous at best. Getting the “confident” balance could just be the magic key that you are looking for.
Paul McKenna is a massively successful British non-fiction author. His reputation grows stateside having had some hugely successful books this side of the pond. He tackles the tough issues such as weight control, smoking cessation and even insomnia with his joke-generating book “I Can Make You Sleep.” Not a claim many authors would desire attached to their books. In the context of creating confidence he tackles the relevant issues of self-esteem and motivation. The touchy territories of romance, sex and relationships are also attended to. His successful clients include the elite of Hollywood stardom, Olympian gold medalists and contenders, world-class rockers, business tycoons, and royalty.
I am most confident that you would benefit from this book and of our review and discussion of the topics therein.
“Confidence” Points for Discussion:
- What does it mean to be “confident?”
- Where do you get “confident?”
- What “motivates you?”
- Is “Believing in Yourself” just a cliché?
- Do you fully grasp the relevance between “confidence” and “achievement?”
- How badly does the lack of “confidence” hinder “motivation?”
- “Over-confident?” What’s “TOO MUCH?”
- What does your posture say about your “confidence level?”
- Can you “fake it until you make it?”
- What is the connection between “shyness” and “confidence?”
- What kind of “confidence” does it take to leave a bad situation?
- Sustaining change- “small and gradual steps” vs. leaps of “grandeur”
- Have you ever tried or considered trying “hypnosis?”
- Where do your “self-beliefs” come from and can you change them? How?
- How much would “personal transformation” be worth to you?
- What area of your life would you first desire to “overhaul?”
- Can “NLP” provide you with an “off-switch for fear?” How?
“I am not a has-been. I am a will be.” ~Lauren Bacall
Following $timulus we move to Steak & Shake for tea and crumpets served with confident elegance.
Join us, won’t you?
$timulus: An Open Book and Networking Group
Barnes & Noble in the Streets of West Chester
(I-75 Exit 19 Union Centre Blvd., Past The Rave Theater)
9455 Civic Centre Boulevard, West Chester, OH 45069
Every Tuesday evening at 7:00 P.M. (Weather Permitting)
There is no charge for $timulus!!!
Monte at 513.769.6313 or firstname.lastname@example.org