Open Book and Discussion Group based on the book:
The Levity Effect: Why It Pays to Lighten Up
Book was authored by Adrian Gostick and Scott Christopher
Book Review and Discussion Tuesday evening 12.13.11 at 7
So a bestselling author and a humorist go into a bar…
We need to get serious about the need to “lighten up.” Yes, regardless of how your sales are tracking, investments maturing, love life or job search you need to lighten up and the authors of our book for this week detail the scientific and common sense reasons why. The authors of this compelling work challenge us to reconfigure our thoughts about the value and place of levity throughout our lives. There is a proven correlation between levity and creativity.
Best-selling author, Adrian Gostick and humorist Scott Christopher draw upon scientific and personal experience in bringing appropriate humor and fun into our daily lives. They outline some companies that you would expect to hear about and others that may drop a bomb on you. The holidays can be a painful time for many depending on the circumstances and this book offers some exquisite ideas and well-deserved permission to lighten up during this season regardless of what it might throw at you. “Lighten Up” and read this book if you can’t make the group.
Serious Discussions Points on “”Levity:”
- So just what is your definition of “levity?”
- How can you “lighten up” when it just doesn’t “feel right?”
- How much fun is “too much fun?”
- Is “levity fun” or something else?
- Shouldn’t the holidays be somber even?
- Can “levity” really elevate your career, networking or job search?
- Can “levity bolster personal and/or corporate profits?” How?
- What companies do you think of upon hearing the term levity? Boeing?
- What are the best arguments for levity on a personal note?
- What does it mean to “nurture a culture of levity?”
- How does “levity build camaraderie, and encourage creativity?”
“Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice, pull down your pants and slide on the ice.” – Dr. Sidney Freedman to the M.A.S.H. 4077th
Our conversations always draw us to Steak & Shake for generous serving of “Levity” following B&N.
Join us, won’t you?
NO $TIMULUS MEETING AT BARNES & NOBLE ON TUESDAY 12.20.11 WE WILL BE HAVING OUR ANNUAL CHRISTMAS BANQUET AT STEAK & SHAKE STARTING AT SEVEN O’CLOCK! FORMAL ATTIRE NOT REQUIRED!
$timulus: An Open Book and Networking Group
Barnes & Noble in the Streets of West Chester
(I-75 Exit 19 Union Centre Blvd., Past The Rave Theater)
9455 Civic Centre Boulevard, West Chester, OH 45069
Every Tuesday evening at 7:00 P.M.
There is no charge for $timulus!!!
Monte at 513.769.6313 or firstname.lastname@example.org