Open Book and Discussion Group based on the audiobook:
Make Yourself Unforgettable: The Dale Carnegie Class-Act System
Audiobook created by The Dale Carnegie Organization
Discussion (Conversation) Tuesday evening 11.29.11 at 7
Are you unforgettable? After all, it really is all about how well you sell yourself and what kind of impression and personal brand you drive. How well you sell yourself, legally, of course, is the key to staying ahead in a turbulent market. This builds on our discussion regarding the value of the “conversation” last week. Do you “differentiate” yourself from your competitors in a significant and monetized way? Could some old inner-voices be giving you outdated messages regarding “self-promotion?” This clear message in this fine material is that you don’t want to “peddle” yourself but that a true class-act deserves to be given an audience.
As always, a quick review of the content will be provided and then we will throw it open for discussion. This audiobook is a compilation of Dale Carnegie Organization works. It may not be “gasp” illuminating but it is always bullet-proof. The next few weeks may be challenging in terms of cornering buyers, hiring managers, clients and key contacts. Why not take some time to carefully review your skills set before the coming New Year, because in the end result it is all about you. You must be unforgettable. You just want to be so in an acceptable and appropriate way. I hope that we don’t miss you.
“UNFORGETTABLE” Discussion Points:
- How do you define a “memorable class-act?”
- Just how do you “Sell Yourself?”
- Personal presentation- are you cool calm, and in control?
- What about written and electronic communications?
- What’s luck got to do with being unforgettable?
- What are the stumbling blocks to being unforgettable?
- What about resiliency?
- Are you good at “impromptu?”
- What “social skills are demanded?
- How do “emotions” factor in?
- What does fear and anxiety have to do with it?
- Do you emanate confidence? If not, what?
- Have you studied your competitors’ style and execution?
“Unforgettable, that’s what you are. Unforgettable, though near or far…” – Nate King Cole
Our conversations always continue at Steak & Shake for an “UNFORGETTABLE” conclusion.
Join us, won’t you?
$timulus: An Open Book and Networking Group
Barnes & Noble in the Streets of West Chester
(I-75 Exit 19 Union Centre Blvd., Past The Rave Theater)
9455 Civic Centre Boulevard, West Chester, OH 45069
Every Tuesday evening at 7:00 P.M.
There is no charge for $timulus!!!