Open Book and Discussion Group based on the book:
The Zigzag Principle: The Goal-Setting Strategy That Will Revolutionize Your Business and Your Life
The book was written by Rich Christiansen
Discussion Tuesday evening 11.08.11 at 7
Is a straight-line approach not working for you in your job search or business today? Mountains are seldom climbed or skied down in a straight line. Many of us were trained and schooled to define specific goals, project the clear and concise steps needed to accomplish the objective and then to drive with all possible force and determination toward that objective be it a new job, creation of an organization or a new company. When things don’t go as planned we somehow feel thwarted and depressed. Christiansen understands this as his own path has been just such a zigzag. He has created some grandiose successes, a few fair-middling ventures and eleven abysmal failures in his sojourn. Fortunately he took notes along the way.
The entrepreneurial approach offered by Christiansen offers a better, though seemingly longer and slower path toward all goals. In some ways it is far safer than the methodologies that we learned in Boomer School and those that followed. In some ways it harder to apply the wisdom shared by Rich because some of us just don’t want to work as hard as he and his team does. Some of his concepts almost seem counter-intuitive since his plan does not shun or divert from risk, often embracing it. Ah, but embracing that risk while spreading it across different ventures.
Please make a straight line to join us if you will for this review and discussion. “The Zigzag Principle” is one of those books that may not initially appeal to you but could make a big difference in your personal strategy and your outcomes.
“Zigzag” Discussion Points:
- Gauging your determination time and energy, how?
- Who/What are your “Beacons in the Fog?”
- Catalyzing statements, Unique Selling Propositions, but more…Yours?
- Could you climb the “Soul Purpose Stairway?”
- How does one “fail efficiently?” What does that mean?
- “Resources” make the world go round! Who are yours?
- How can a simple “whiteboard” clarify your reality?
- Many people work hard toward their objective, but do they “add scale?”
- Critical “boundaries and guardrails” that keep you safe
- What do you need to say “NO” to?
- What does it mean to “weave gold out of straw?”
- Benefits of “small teams, 15 or less, sound familiar?
- Motivators! Why you should pay very careful attention to what motivates individuals!
- You need an “Exit Plan” whether you are unemployed or riding a successful venture
- The dangers of “entitlement.” Is this affecting you?
- What is the “Value of Failure?”
- The dangers of an “all-or-nothing” mentality
“The Zigzag Principle is founded upon rock-solid principles so simple that you will read this book wondering how you could have missed seeing truths that are so obvious.” – Stephen R. Covey
Following $timulus we will zigzag our way to Steak & Shake!
Join us, won’t you?
$timulus: An Open Book and Networking Group
Barnes & Noble in the Streets of West Chester
(I-75 Exit 19 Union Centre Blvd., Past The Rave Theater)
9455 Civic Centre Boulevard, West Chester, OH 45069
Every Tuesday evening at 7:00 P.M.
There is no charge for $timulus!!!
Monte at 513.769.6313 or email@example.com