Open Book and Discussion Group based on the book:
Kick Your Own Ass: The Will, Skill, and Drill of Selling More Than You ever Thought Possible
The book was written by Robert Johnson
Discussion Tuesday evening 10.11.11 at 7
If you are looking for a job you are in sales. If you are attempting to keep a job you are in sales. If you are on the path to any goal you must sell yourself on that desire. All others may click out now. It has become a brutal world in terms of survival. “Good enough” no longer is. So in terms of motivation who is your “boss” when you don’t have one? Is it a significant other, family member, job coach, spiritual leader? Honestly, I accomplished a great deal more way back when I had a spouse, er, motivating me. That said- who is responsible for motivating anyone in a job, job search, educational dream, and athletic endeavor or in any other objective?
Robert Johnson offers some personally well-tested and proven methodologies for setting goals and hitting them regardless of what those goals are. These strategies are ones that he has applied to professional objectives, relationship goals, personal weight loss, running Pikes Peak…you name it. As a note of interest he trained for Pikes Peak running in flat Jacksonville, Florida. Are you willing to invest in 228 pages that might help you effectively “Kick Your Own Ass” and achieve and profit in the doing? Join me for a great overview and discussion this Tuesday 10.11.11 at 7.
“Kicking” Points for Discussion:
- Are you capable of effectively “kicking your own ass?”
- What are the objectives that you desire to conquer?
- Do you have a written personal plan and approach?
- Who is your mentor, coach or team partner?
- What adversity do you expect and how will you handle those obstacles?
- What does you “internal messaging” sound like along the way?
- What is the “arc of your potential versus your arc of trajectory?
- Where have you compromised to your own disadvantage?
- Have you done a personal SWOT analysis?
- Finding the “moment of clarity,” how?
- How do you know when you have reached a point of “equilibrium?”
- Weighing dangerous “personal programming” issues.
- “Struggle is normal,” healthy reactions aren’t so common!
- Where do you “underperform?” “Over perform?”
- How does one break “Pareto’s Law?”
- What does “passion” have to do with it?
- Summing up your personal “competition”
- Process! Do you have a personal “process?”
- What does “rapport” have to do with anything?
- What are “will killers?”
- Can you “close” on your future?
Tai Lung: Finally… oh, yes… at last, the power of the Dragon Scroll shall be mine!
[He opens the scroll – and stares at it]
Tai Lung: It’s… it’s nothing! (but a mirror)
Po: It’s okay. I didn’t get it the first time either.
Tai Lung: What?
Po: There is no secret ingredient. It’s just you.
—From Kung Fu Panda, The Movie
Following $timulus we will kick it to Steak & Shake!
Join us, won’t you?
$timulus: An Open Book and Networking Group
Barnes & Noble in the Streets of West Chester
(I-75 Exit 19 Union Centre Blvd., Past The Rave Theater)
9455 Civic Centre Boulevard, West Chester, OH 45069
Every Tuesday evening at 7:00 P.M.
There is no charge for $timulus!!!
Monte at 513.769.6313 or email@example.com