Open Book and Discussion Group on the book:
Guerrilla Marketing for a Bulletproof Career: How to Attract Ongoing Opportunities in Gut-Wrenching Times, for Entrepreneurs, Employees, and Everyone in Between
The book was written by Jay Conrad Levinson and Andrew Neitlich
Discussion Tuesday evening 09.27.11 at 7
Perhaps the secret to success today isn’t so much in what you are doing as in at what intensity you are doing it. Perhaps the existing market conditions demand a tick up in edge? Yes, a little eye-dropper full of “Guerrilla” tactics. Jay Conrad Levinson brings a long history of “Guerrilla” books to this work and Andrew Neitlich brings younger tech-savvy weaponry to the book. And an excellent sniper team they do make.
Your career field is no longer a carefully marked parade ground with a level surface and bright lights. You are battling in a nasty and trap-laden jungle where the rules and clear paths have been erased. Do you have what it takes to survive and thrive in this environment or will you be a statistic on the casualties list? You decide! The forces working against you have already launched their attack strategy and the war, yes- war, is underway. Are you winning or losing?
If you aren’t one to follow traditional business career coaches, self-helper flavored and/or spiritual and psychological approaches then this “COMMANDO” strategy may be something that you can relate to and deploy. WHATEVER- don’t look to your government to send the cavalry or any rescuers. They have all lost their compasses and are way too busy shooting each other to help you.
“Guerrilla Tactics” for Discussion:
- Are you deploying your career/job search objectives in “too relaxed and polite” of a manner?
- What are “Double-Spikers” and why do they always glean more opportunities?
- Eleven “Guerrilla Mindsets” that you need to consider as boot camp!
- What is “the opportunity flow?”
- Honestly- what is the “intensity level” of your career attack?
- Do you need a “drill sergeant?”
- Be aware of “Friendly-Fire” and IED’s along the way
- Back to basics- can you communicate your value? Really?
- Are your skills as top-notch as you think they are? How do you know?
- Dealing with the “chaotic realities” of current career issues?
- What is an “Interim Executive?” Or “Interim Anything?”
- Who are your “One-Call” network people?
- Have you created a “Combat-Level Power Base?”
- Why “Strengths” are not enough!
“You have to believe in yourself.” — Sun Tzu
Following $timulus we will launch a culinary assault upon Steak & Shake!
Join us, won’t you?
$timulus: An Open Book and Networking Group
Barnes & Noble in the Streets of West Chester
(I-75 Exit 19 Union Centre Blvd., Past The Rave Theater)
9455 Civic Centre Boulevard, West Chester, OH 45069
Every Tuesday evening at 7:00 P.M.
There is no charge for $timulus!!!
Monte at 513.769.6313 or firstname.lastname@example.org