Open Book and Discussion Group based on the book:
Excuses Begone!: How to Change Lifelong, Self-Defeating Thinking Habits
The book was written by Dr. Wayne W. Dyer
We discuss the book Tuesday Evening 07.26.11 at 7
I make excuses all the time, even when people don’t ask me for one I still offer them. I’m not talking about the little excuses of daily living. I am talking about the big ones that include phrases like “can’t, couldn’t ever, never will be able to…” and self-applied labels relating to intelligence, opportunity, looks, age and all of that. And just how does one define an excuse in situations that are partially or totally beyond our control?
Wayne Dyer, author of over thirty some books and frequent PBS and NPR personality walk us along the razors edge of excuses in his book “Excuses Begone!” and Dyer has some preaching points as he has had his quota of bumps and grinds along the way and has somehow learned to bounce back. I want to learn this or at least I say that I do.
Hope that you can join us, but you don’t need to create an excuse if you can’t.
“Excuses” for Discussion:
- What about “family scripts, personal identity, and excuses?” Are you carrying on a tradition?
- Do you have a well-developed “excuse catalog” that you pull from periodically?
- Is there such a thing as a “mind virus?”
- How can we overcome “habituated thinking?”
- What is “vibrational matching” and is there any reason that we should care?
- Is there some kind of “reverse reward” for NOT attaining your goals?
- Do we make our own selves crazy at times?
- Why does change hurt so much even when we want to?
- Are some of your strengths working against you in subtle ways?
- Are your stated goals really “alignment” with what and where you want to be?
- How do you create your own “paradigm shift?”
“Never underestimate your power to change yourself; never overestimate your power to change others.” — Wayne W. Dyer
Without excuse we will make our way to Steak & Shake upon concluding at Barnes & Noble.
Join us directly, won’t you?
Excuses Begone! Video Link: http://youtu.be/inT40nOggUs
$timulus: An Open Book and Networking Group
Barnes & Noble in the Streets of West Chester
(I-75 Exit 19 Union Centre Blvd., Past The Rave Theater)
9455 Civic Centre Boulevard, West Chester, OH 45069
Every Tuesday evening at 7:00 P.M.
Free! There is no charge for $timulus!!!
Monte at 513.769.6313 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Monte Washburn’s Nonfiction Blog Link: https://montewashburn.wordpress.com/