Open Book and Discussion Group based on the book:
START with WHY: How Great Leaders Inspire Everyone to Take Action
The book was written by Simon Sinek
Discussion Tuesday Evening 05.24.11 at 7
Watch the TED Talk video and read this book. Don’t trust me or anyone else to adequately review Simon Sinek for you. He is too important in content. Mr. Daniel Johnson, Jr. and Mr. Allan Daigle have both recommended our selection for this week.
The book is strongly, but not exclusively, about leadership. It is really about inspiration and connectivity. It is about change, differentiation and personal innovation. It is about setting yourself above the pack even when the pack is packed painfully tight. It is about shining above the other resumes, spec sheets and challengers with something that is largely intangible.
If you aren’t pleased with the numbers of interviews, job offers, new customers, repeat business, or even the love you are getting you may want to examine your WHY issues from the artfully analytical vantage point of Simon Sinek. Mr. Sinek eloquently illustrates throughout the book the distinction between leaders and brands that set themselves above the competition with their effervescent WHY message even when other aspects are for the most part arguably equal.
It’ll be a cool night, you’ll make some contacts, get some information, have some laughs… wanna come? WHY not?
- WHY you need a personal philosophy with ‘clarity, discipline and consistency”
- WHY assumptions can sabotage you?
- WHY “WHY” is so momentously important?
- WHY the “Golden Circle” applies to the job search and sales
- WHY Martin Luther King had “a dream” and not a “plan?”
- WHY you can have the WHAT, HOW, and still not be in alignment
- WHY only you can determine and voice your WHY
- WHY you need to apply the “Celery Test”
- WHY your limbic system and neocortex make this all “biological”
- WHY and how can you inspire yourself and others?
- WHY this mindset is so important in interviewing and on sales calls
- WHY being “fuzzy” on all of this will get you discarded
- WHY “split happens”
- WHY your WHY Must be beyond making a profit or paying bills or mere survival
- WHY there is so much more than can be covered here.
“People don’t buy what you do, they buy WHY you do it.” – Simon Sinek
You may have to cut and paste this link above in your browser.
Don’t ask “WHY” We just always finish at Steak & Shake after we conclude at Barnes & Noble.
Join us, won’t you?
$timulus: An Open Book and Networking Group
Barnes & Noble in the Streets of West Chester
(I-75 Exit 19 Union Centre Blvd., Past The Rave Theater)
9455 Civic Centre Boulevard, West Chester, OH 45069
Every Tuesday evening at 7:00 P.M.
There is no charge for $timulus!!!
Monte at 513.769.6313 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Monte Washburn’s Nonfiction Blog Link: https://montewashburn.wordpress.com/