Open Book and Discussion Group based on the book:
NEVER GET A “REAL” JOB: How to Dump Your Boss, Build a Business, and Not Go Broke
The book was written by Scott Gerber
Discussion Tuesday Evening 05.03.11 at 7
We haven’t committed an entire evening to self-employment in the two years plus that $timulus has been meeting. Yet it seems that 99r’s and other long-term unemployed are still having trouble landing in our “jobless recovery.” Sharp college graduates with perfect school records and impressive resumes are still unable to land after three years or more of looking. Millions are struggling and define themselves as “underemployed” even with proven track records of success. So what are the options? Scott Gerber is rather in-your-face that it is time to give up on finding a “REAL” job and “hire yourself.” WAIT! HEAR SCOTT GERBER OUT!
This is not about pyramid or Ponzi schemes, getting rich quick or buying some franchise. Gerber encourages his followers to define and create opportunities that will immediately put real money in their pockets. Nope, nothing as impressive as starting the next Facebook, Groupon, Twitter or Pixar. This book is about realistically doing something that pays you more than unemployment benefits and/or gets you out of your parent’s basement.
We have also asked Jenny V. to share liberally from her depth of experience as a business owner, entrepreneur, and established corporate employee. Being only one or the other may not be enough in these times. Why not move to create some multiple streams of income?
KEEPING IT “REAL:”
- Is college any longer the “Road to Easy Street?”
- “Dude!” Where’s your “dream job?”
- “Broken Promises” Why government will not be saving you!
- Redefining “REAL” Opportunities
- “You’re Brilliant, So What?”
- Why Putting it on your “Tab” is going to kill you
- “Worst Case/Only Case!”
- What additional “bouquet career” addition can you add?
- The “One-Paragraph Start-Up Business Plan” (Simple rules)
- How to “Mind” Your Business
- Doing What Makes “CENTS!”
- Hey, you can always go back to school and add even more debt!
- Scott Gerber may offend you but you will not be confused about what is “REAL!”
“Scott is the Simon Cowell of young entrepreneurship.”—Mike Michalowicz, author of The Toilet Paper Entrepreneur
As always we will share “REAL” camaraderie and food at Steak & Shake after we conclude at Barnes & Noble.
Join us, won’t you?
$timulus: An Open Book and Networking Group
Barnes & Noble in the Streets of West Chester
(I-75 Exit 19 Union Centre Blvd., Past The Rave Theater)
9455 Civic Centre Boulevard, West Chester, OH 45069
Every Tuesday evening at 7:00 P.M.
There is no charge for $timulus!!!
Monte at 513.769.6313 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Monte Washburn’s Nonfiction Blog Link: https://montewashburn.wordpress.com/