Open Book and Discussion Group based on the book:
BRAG!: THE ART OF TOOTING YOUR OWN HORN WITHOUT BLOWING IT
The book was written by Peggy Klaus
Discussion Tuesday Evening 04.26.11 at 7
Are you tired of pretending that you’re not special and “a b*tchin rock star from Mars?” Is your inability to communicate your extraordinary gifts causing you to lose your sheen? Would you love to be able to express your strengths without losing your television show, your girlfriends and trashing the ratings of your stage show?
Seriously, do you wrestle with how to properly convey yourself when put on the line or presented with an impromptu opportunity? Do you fear being labeled a braggart, a bore, obnoxious, irritating, or worse? Are you haunted with afterthoughts of “what I should have said?” Klaus will help!
Peggy Klaus has risen above the finger-wagging warnings of her father preaching “don’t brag about yourself” and helps others to succinctly and concisely proclaim their abilities in acceptable ways. She has ten years experience in dealing with Fortune 500 Companies and one-on-one coaching. Her complete credentials are far too many to boast of here.
If you are anything less than thoroughly comfortable in endorsing yourself to others Ms. Klaus could have a major impact on your job search, career and overall success. Falling in at just under 200 pages, “Brag!” is an undemanding and captivating read. Introverts and shy persons can embrace this comfortable style.
I’d say that this is going to be a highly persuasive and beneficial discussion, but I wouldn’t want to brag.
- Klaus helps you hush the voices still lecturing you in your head?
- “Brag” brings reality to the thought “People will just notice how great you are, right?”
- Debunks “Bragging Myths!”
- Dealing with why we feel that “BRAG” is a four-letter word
- Adopting the new transformative mind frame that you need to employ
- Helps you avoid negative labels attached with self-promotion
- Assists in creates a “Bragalogue” as an alternative to the elevator speech
- Defuses “Brag Bombs” and other pitfalls
- Offers brilliant chapters on “Interviewing” and “When You Don’t Have Real Job”
- Helps sells you, your company and your product(s) effortlessly
- Various “Brag Nags” and “Brag Bites” as tips
- Details how to employ the ”techno-brag”
- The “Brag Dictionary” that gives you a new promotion vocabulary
- “Take 12” Questionnaire as an instrument to aid you in building your own “Brag Bag”
“Peggy is an incredible coach—in person, in writing, and in spirit! Her energy is infectious, and she ALWAYS provides that rare opportunity for insightful introspection bolstered by actionable advice…”
—Patrice Hall, Vice-President Global Equality & Diversity ORC Worldwide
Competition Brag-Off to follow at as we finish at Steak & Shake after we conclude at Barnes & Noble.
Join us, won’t you?
$timulus: An Open Book and Networking Group
Barnes & Noble in the Streets of West Chester
(I-75 Exit 19 Union Centre Blvd., Past The Rave Theater)
9455 Civic Centre Boulevard, West Chester, OH 45069
Every Tuesday evening at 7:00 P.M.
There is no charge for $timulus!!!
Monte at 513.769.6313 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Monte Washburn’s Nonfiction Blog Link: https://montewashburn.wordpress.com/