Open Book and Discussion Group based on the book:
Social BOOM!: How to Master Business Social Media to Brand Yourself, Sell Yourself, Sell Your Product, Dominate Your Industry Market, Save Your Butt, … and Grind Your Competition into the Dirt
The book was written by Jeffrey Gitomer
Tuesday Evening 04.12.11 at 7
Jeffrey Gitomer skillfully illustrates how to monetize social media. He has consistently written best-selling business books for years because he drives the message in the direction of profit-based strategy. Popularity and ratings are all fine for celebrities and politics but Gitomer always looks to the bottom line for his pat on the back. Gitomer shares credit with several others adding their voice to the book in chapters. Mitch Joel, Sally Hogshead, Richard Brasser, Joe Soto, Julien Smith and other are hefty contributors.
If you haven’t thought that social media, or certain aspects of it, was worth the time and effort Jeffrey Gitomer will evangelize you. The separate sections on LinkedIn and using Facebook for business justify the price of the book. Twitter and YouTube information is unique and shown as part of an overall design. It is actually unfair to attempt to summarize this book in one evening. You need to read these 190 pages even if it is while standing up in the business section of Barnes & Noble.
If you are in career transition, sales, or an entrepreneur you need the content on this book. If you are in a company that doesn’t understand this book you should be in career transition. His own customers include Coca-Cola, Caterpillar, BMW, AT&T Wireless, Hilton, NCR, Comcast Cable, Wells Fargo Bank, GlaxoSmithKline, AC Nielsen, IBM, The New York Post, and hundreds of others.
“Social BOOM!” Rattlings:
- Do you want fun and popularity or for money, jobs, and career?
- Understanding how the “social media dividend” is paid
- Cold calling is dead
- Business is now social
- Social media is all about making money for someone, you?
- Got value? Prove it! How?
- Designing your online social media presence
- LinkedIn is NOT a resume service, so…
- Leveraging various sites and building links
- Are you participating, sharing, asking, answering?
- Time, can you give one single hour per day?
- How social are you?
- Converting social media to business social media, how?
- Tweet smarts, retweet smarts
- Writing when you don’t really write or want to
- To blog or not to blog…
- YouTube, are you kidding?
- There is one word that separates pros from amateurs, know it?
- “Even Charmin is using social media…” says Mitch Joel
“Resilience is not what happens to you. It’s how you react to, respond to, and recover from what happens to you.” — Jeffrey Gitomer
As always we will have a booming social time at Steak & Shake after we conclude at Barnes & Noble.
Join us, won’t you?
$timulus: An Open Book and Networking Group
Barnes & Noble in the Streets of West Chester
(I-75 Exit 19 Union Centre Blvd., Past The Rave Theater)
9455 Civic Centre Boulevard, West Chester, OH 45069
Every Tuesday evening at 7:00 P.M.
There is no charge for $timulus!!!
Monte at 513.769.6313 or email@example.com
Monte Washburn’s Nonfiction Blog Link: https://montewashburn.wordpress.com/