Open Book and Discussion Group based on the book:
The Next Decade: Where We’ve Been… and Where We’re Going
The book was authored by George Friedman
Tuesday Evening 02.22.11 at 7
Turbulence ahead! From the best-selling author of the Next 100 Years comes The Next Decade. I could care less about the next one hundred years as I will not be here for much of it. The Next Decade is another story. Surging and disappearing career issues, healthcare and aging population issues, spiraling debts, military and security concerns, food and distribution shortages, national and international upheaval will all bring tsunamis of change the likes of which George Friedman is already able to glimpse, share and forewarn. Some will profit and flourish. Which will you be? George Friedman heads Stratfor, a global intelligence and monitoring operation.
I wish that we could avoid this book and just all get great jobs and successfully float down our current working and entrepreneurial streams with an enraptured contentment. Doubt that!
You will be affected. You cannot isolate and avoid it- dream though that you could. Those with children and grandchildren would do well to analyze this information even closer. We have only so far seen a hint of what is to come.
Are you an optimist that feels things will eventually work out just fine or are you thinking the Mayans just might be correct in their 2012+ prophecies in ways that they didn’t even think about?
If George Friedman was our job, career and/or entrepreneurial coach, what would he say? Join us this coming Tuesday evening as we attempt to shake the crystal ball and read between the lines.
Of course, Friedman could be all wrong.
- What are the hot career strategies for the next decade?
- What are the beneficial and productive investments of time and energy?
- Are governments really in control? If not, what should be done?
- Should America take some lessons from Egypt and the other protesting nations?
- Is it time to breakdown some walls and blocks in the United States?
- Is there a working map that leads to a healthy future?
- What should we “retool” for? How and can we “retool?”
- Will we have to learn to “just live with” certain nasty and growing issues, say like terrorism?
- Have we become the new global “empire” whether we desired to be or not?
- Can we secure our “republic” without being an empire? Pax Americana?
- What are the employment and financial impacts of all of this?
- What are the next steps in the Next Decade?
- More personally what are YOUR next steps in the Next Decade?
“There is a temptation, when you are around George Friedman, to treat him like a Magic 8-Ball.″ —New York Times Magazine
As always, NEXT we move to Steak & Shake after we conclude at Barnes & Noble.
Join us, won’t you?
$timulus: An Open Book and Networking Group
Barnes & Noble in the Streets of West Chester
(I-75 Exit 19 Union Centre Blvd., Past The Rave Theater)
9455 Civic Centre Boulevard, West Chester, OH 45069
Every Tuesday evening at 7:00 P.M.
There is no charge for $timulus!!!
Monte at 513.769.6313 or email@example.com