Open Book Review and Discussion Group based on the book:
Job-Hunting Online: A Guide to Job Listings, Message Boards, Research Sites, the UnderWeb, Counseling, Networking, Self-Assessment Tools, Niche Sites
The book authored by Mark Emery Bolles and Richard N. Bolles
Tuesday Evening 12.14.10 at 7
Sure, we all know how to use the web to search for jobs. Are we really maximizing our web time though? Could we be getting better results? Son and father team up to bring the best of each to the Internet job search. Written as a companion guide to “What Color Is Your Parachute?” and “The Job-Hunter’s Search Survival Guide” Bolles and Bolles turbo-charge their former works by connecting the most powerful databases and engines ever created and available to anyone with Internet connectivity. The Internet is either the greatest tool or greatest time suck, you decide.
Points we’ll click on:
- What are the best supersites and how do they differ?
- Have things changed in the past few years?
- Are you going to the best sites for advice, counseling, and strategy?
- Are you finding the people you need to reach?
- What is the UnderWeb and how do you get there?
- Cutting through “datasmog”
- Niche sites for women, recent college grads, and over 50 are noted
- Temporary, P/T, and contract oriented sites
- Online citizenry
- Online testing and training opportunities
- Research has never been easier
- Sites for self-employed and entrepreneurial souls
“Float like a butterfly, sting like a bee.” Muhammad Ali
Please do bring your business cards so that you can connect F2F with others as we make our way to Steak & Shake for a cup of coffee or a bite to eat after the group.
$timulus: An Open Book and Networking Group
Barnes & Noble in the Streets of West Chester
(I-75 Exit 19 Union Centre Blvd., Past The Rave Theater)
9455 Civic Centre Boulevard, West Chester, OH 45069
Every Tuesday evening at 7:00 P.M.
There is no charge for $timulus!!!
Monte at 513.769.6313 or email@example.com