The Unwritten Rules of the Highly Effective Job Search
The book was authored by Orville Pierson
Tuesday Evening 11.30.10 at 7
Are there written rules to the job search? Are there things that we are missing or don’t want to confront? This week we take a walk through “The Unwritten Rules of the Highly Effective Job Search” and see what Mr. Orville Pierson has to say about this. Pierson is Harvard educated and has spent years as a senior V.P. with Lee Hecht Harrison and boasts of having helped over 600,000 job seekers in his career.
Discussion points on the “Unwritten:”
- Small networks trump big ones
- Defining and redefining the “imperatives”
- Confronting obstacles
- Your “core message” is ineffective unless it is getting to key persons
- Your “project plan determines your reaching (or not) those key persons
- Personal polish and presentation counts for everything in communications about what you do
- Working backwards from the “decision makers”
- Team approach to applied to your search
- Target lists
- (Wait, hasn’t this been written about?)
Please do bring your business cards so that you can network with others as we make our way to Steak & Shake for a cup of coffee or a bite to eat after the groups.
$timulus: An Open Book and Networking Group
Barnes & Noble in the Streets of West Chester
(I-75 Exit 19 Union Centre Blvd., Past The Rave Theater)
9455 Civic Centre Boulevard, West Chester, OH 45069
Every Tuesday evening at 7:00 P.M.
There is no charge for $timulus!!!
Monte at 513.769.6313 or firstname.lastname@example.org