Open Book and Discussion Group based on the book:
Networking Like a Pro: Turning Contacts into Connections
The book was authored by Dr. Ivan Misner, David Alexander and Brian Hilliard
Tuesday Evening 11.23.10 at 7
The holidays are upon us and you need to be out there networking. The authors that we look to this week feel that many are deluding themselves about both the quantity and quality of their networking. This week we will skim the very highest points from a great book that could well be used for an extended study. Ivan Misner defies the standard logic and expounds why an introvert can be an exquisitely effective networker. Misner also appeals to the left-brain oriented folks that desire to add more “process” to their efforts. Alexander and Hilliard give clear depth and supporting evidence to this program that has forged BNI, the largest networking program in the nation. This is a book that you need to get your hands on.
NETWORKING PROvoking book points we will discuss:
- How and why you need to be your own “Chief Networking Officer”
- It’s all about reciprocity and social capital
- Farming and Fishing versus Hunting
- Essential “standout” questions of each networking experience
- The butterfly effect applied
- Four streams of your networking river
- Where true networkers gather (Not where you think)
- Application of the 12 x 12 x 12 program
- Specific scorecards and checklists, why they are so powerful…
- Joining the crowd, actually how to read and enter the networking space
- Why and how building confidence and trust “leverage” new contacts
- The power of your database, you do have a database, don’t you?
- Being the “Gatekeeper” within a network
- Understanding “what you don’t know about the referral process”
- New ways that you can promote you and ways others can promote you
- Developing your own pro game plan
“Done well, effective networking is ‘the speed of trust’ in action. No one understands networking like Ivan Misner, so if you want to get the maximum results possible from your networking efforts, you need to read this book—period.”
Stephen M. R Covey, author of The Speed of Trust
Please do bring your business cards so that you can network with others as we make our way to Steak & Shake for a cup of coffee or a bite to eat after the groups..
$timulus: An Open Book and Networking Group
Barnes & Noble in the Streets of West Chester
(I-75 Exit 19 Union Centre Blvd., Past The Rave Theater)
9455 Civic Centre Boulevard, West Chester, OH 45069
Every Tuesday evening at 7:00 P.M.
There is no charge for $timulus!!!
Monte at 513.769.6313 or email@example.com