Click: The Magic of Instant Connections
A review and discussion of the book written by Ori and Rom Brafman
Tuesday Evening, 08.31.10 at 7:00 P.M.
We have all had those interviews, networking and sales introductions where things just seem to “click.” It is as though you where long-lost friends rediscovering each other. Trust and empathy resonated and the entire world seemed to be a warm blanket of mutuality. We have all had situations where the “click” clearly did not happen. Are there things that you can do to encourage such a “click” happening in your favor? Ori and Rom Brafman claim that there is much science behind the seemingly magical “click.”
If we can learn ways to encourage these feelings of camaraderie and connection could we directly apply this knowledge to our job searches? From college students, business partners falling in love, scientists collaborating on inventions to hostage negotiators the Brafman team draw mesmerizing conclusions and realize that more study needs to be done.
“Click” will challenge you to exert more control over all of your interactions and perhaps share the magic.
Thoughts that we will “Click” on:
- Is there a “flow” or peak “zone” effect for interpersonal meetings?
- What science lies behind the seemingly magical serendipity of “hitting it off?”
- Ori and Rom Brafman have identified five “accelerators” that enable “click.” What are they?
- Employing the power of “proximity” in business and in pleasure (how and where?)
- Similarity juxtaposed against differences (What is the balance?)
- What are the best “connective” tools for the job search objective?
- How can you create “resonance” and “mutuality” within interactions?
- Is “clicking” with groups/teams different from with persons?
- Does “joint adversity” encourage “clicking?”
- Can you manage others’ perceptions about you? Should you?
- What does it mean to have a “fluid personality?”
- What could be the ramifications of becoming a “network hub?”
- Spontaneous or intentional “clicks” – is one better than the other?
- Who are the greats of our time? Those that we always seem to “click” with?
Please do bring your business cards so that you can “click” with the other good folks attending as we hit Steak & Shake.
$timulus: An open book and networking group for job seekers
Barnes & Noble in the Streets of West Chester
(I-75 Exit 19 Union Centre Blvd., Past The Rave Theater)
9455 Civic Centre Boulevard, West Chester, OH 45069
Every Tuesday evening at 7:00 P.M.
NEVER A CHARGE!!!
Monte at 513.769.6313 or email@example.com