An Open Book Review and Discussion on the Book:
The Presentation Secrets of Steve Jobs: How to Be Insanely Great in Front of Any Audience
(that includes interviewers)
Written by Carmine Gallo
Tuesday Evening, 07.06.10 at 7:00 P.M.
Could The Presentation Secrets of Steve Jobs reinforce your communications skills, iWonder? This Tuesday evening at $timulus we look at how author Carmine Gallo has scrutinized the dynamics of how Steve Jobs drives presentations. Whether uLove him or uHate him you cannot iGnore him. Woven within the eyeball-locking, brain-hijacking and celebrity worshipped warlockery is a magical potion of secrets that can benefit your power message, resume/cover letter objectives, positioning statements, and your sales and entrepreneurial brandings. Clearly an iMust read!
iNsights on Steve from Monte:
- iPander and iGive you give you exactly what you came for
- iRecruit and iPamper my followers and draw them close
- iPromise still, that this is an ongoing quest and more is to come
- iChallenge the status quo at every step of the way
- iConflict with my competitors when iDeem it pertinent
- iWork gleamingly through issues and setbacks
- iRally, all of you, to join the grand quest and be part
- iStop, iPause, iPonder, and iContemplate and when I do so do you
- iWander about on stage and your eyes and your mind follows me, and only me
- When very frugally iSlide a or iVideo you pay rapt attention
- iCharm and iHumor, but I don’t tell jokes
- iTeam with others knowing their strengths and keeping it fresh
- iRaise a hero to the vanguard that you iDentify with
- iShow in a way that is guaranteed to get press, buzz, tweets and whuffie
- iSpeak in a way so as to abolish all possible geek-speak, business babble and jargon
- iHate bullets because iBore
- iClarify rather where and how more detail is available
- iDeliver with shorter-than-most spiels and take frequent short intermissions so that content can be digested and talked about
- iCare and the zeal, passion and exuberance electrifies on a physical and psychic level
- iSparkle, iDazzle, iPace and iEnthrall with a highly practiced perfection that demands attention
- Lastly, iCreate, iLaunch, iSell, and iShip
- Do you?
If you have never joined in at $timulus for our discussions of what’s new, relevant and what’s not in the job and entrepreneurial universe this discussion would be a great place to drop in for a visit. Find out about some of the great books and people that might make a difference.
“Now you can learn from the best there is–both Jobs and Gallo. No matter whether you are a novice presenter or a professional speaker like me, you will read and reread this book with the same enthusiasm that people bring to their iPods.”
–David Meerman Scott, bestselling author of The New Rules of Marketing & PR and World Wide Rave
iSteak & iShake as always following:
Please do bring your business cards so that you can Powell-Up with the other good folks attending. As always, following group we will swing over to Steak & Shake.
iNvite you to join us,
$timulus: an open book and networking group for job seekers
WHEN/WHERE: We meet every Tuesday night at 7 P.M. at Barnes & Noble in the Streets of West Chester (I-75 Exit 19 Union Centre Blvd., Past The Rave Theater) 9455 Civic Centre Boulevard, West Chester, OH 45069
THE RELAXED APPROACH: Summer attire is welcome! We pull up the easy chairs at Barnes & Noble and add a few more near the Cookbooks or the SciFi area, do an overview of the book(s) of the day and then open up discussion on the talking points. No prior reading or book purchases are ever required. Much of our focus is on social media, personal branding and networking for jobs.
THERE IS NO CHARGE FOR THIS GROUP!
Join us, won’t you?
Open to LinkedIn Invitations!