CRUSH IT: Why NOW is the Time to Cash In on Your Passion
Author: by Gary Vaynerchuk
This book was reviewed and discussed Tuesday Evening, 04.13.10 at 7:00 P.M. at $timulus.
Bring Thunder All,
When a 30’s something Jewish Belarusian immigrant tells me that I “can turn water into wine” I truly want to know more. Joseph Campbell told us years ago that we should “follow our bliss.” But Campbell didn’t tell us how- Gary Vaynerchuk does. And Gary tells us in the same easy to grasp “Big League Chew” and “WHATCHAMACALLIT Bar” terms that he uses to demystify snooty wines on winelibrary.com.
Crush It! Is a relatively small book that gives us so much to swirl around in our head as we fully taste of the heady perfume and full-bodied bouquet. Crush It! is decanted in an earthy and oaky ripe realness and without any hint of highfalutin hoity-toity aftertaste.
Big and loud, Vaynerchuk, must be sipped and savored like an aperitif or a fine dessert wine. To gulp it is to miss so much of the flavor. The only times that an acid or briary note is hit is when Gary shouts “Stop doing Sh*t You Don’t Love,” in heartfelt warning that life is too short to waste.
The plump berrylicious and jam-like fruitiness of Vaynerchuk leaves you wanting much more. It is doubtless that as the still young Vaynerchuk brand ages that even more depth and balance will stand to be harvested from this brilliant vineyard as it matures.
Crush It! is guaranteed to give you good legs and hopefully a hearty finish to your job search as well as a lingering richness to your overall life.
Tasting Sips from Gary:
- Why your resume is toast, “Yes, that tidy little .pdf is TOAST!”
- Why and how social media smashes the gate-keepers
- Why we need to pay attention to where the eyeballs go in monetary terms
- Why transparency is the only way to go whether you are Howard Stern or Oprah
- Why and how personal brand and connections Trump unemployment
- You can change your destiny between 7 p.m. and 2 a.m. or 9 p.m. and 3 a.m.(Kids)
- Why storytelling is a magic bonding bullet in Crush It! terms
- How and why even reclusive introverts and paralyzed shy persons can shine
- It’s not about Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, Tumblr…
This is clearly a great choice for your colllection.